GREEK TRIBUNE

MOB: 0408 865004

THE ONLY GREEK NEWSPAPER PUBLISHED IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA

ENGLISH ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΑ  
   

Home Page

Riverland

Editorial

International

Greece

Cyprus

National

Community

Culture

Archives

About Us

Contact Us

Links


Renmark Paringa Council


Ραδιοφωνικο ιδρυμα Κυπρου

The Cyprus
 News Agency



Ελληνικη Ραδιοφωνια τηλεοραση

 

 

 

 

 

 

ΓΙΑ ΝΑ ΔΙΑΒΑΣΕΤΕ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΑ ΚΑΝΤΕ ΚΛΙΚ ΣΤΗΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΣΗΜΑΙΑ ΠΑΝΩ ΔΕΞΙΑ

 

FRESH FRUIT INDUSTRY

Total wipe out!

 

Fruit grower Michael Trautwein on his property at Pike River, Paringa, which sustained millions of dollars of damage after hail hit during a freak storm that swept across the Riverland last week.

Mr Trautwein said most of his nectarine, peach and apricot trees have at least 90 per cent of the fruit damaged, making it very hard to identify the other 10 per cent that has not been hit. "The cost of select picking is so high, so it's not worthwhile picking at all", he said.

Affected growers should call the Department of Primary Industries (PIRSA) hotline on 0476 834 530 to arrange an assessment.....

 

more....

 

 

 

Grower Michael Trautwein suffered 100 per cent loss on his fresh fruit property in Pike River near Renmark

NATIONAL

 

Public meeting rejects nuclear proposal

Members of the broader community delivered a negative response to the South Australian Government during a public forum held at Olympic Hall on 2 November, regarding the construction of a nuclear waste disposal site in South Australia...

 

Letter from the Premier Jay Weatherill

We know South Australia faces key economic challenges. As our traditional manufacturing industries decline, we need to transform our economy to develop new industries and support the jobs of...

 

Internet a refuge for kids subjected to aggression at school

Less conscientious adolescents confronted with hostility at school are at greater risk of developing internet addiction, a psychology expert told the Australian Psychological Society Congress, held in Melbourne...

 

COMMUNITY

 

Community celebrates 28th October Greek National Day

Along with the rest of Hellenism across the globe the Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia too paid tribute to "OXI" Day on Sunday 30th October 2016, in remembrance of the historic day that decisively marked the Greek..

 

ODYSSEY FESTIVAL – A MAGIC FINALE

With a magical concert dedicated to one of Greece’s most acclaimed composers Mimis Plessas, the Odyssey Festival came to a close on Saturday night at Woodville...

 

INTERNATIONAL

 

Greek Government: If you can't pay inheritence tax, then give us the property you inherited

Greece’s Deputy Finance Minister Tryfon Alexiadis said in parliament on Thursday that those who inherit a house and cannot afford to pay the inheritance tax, can give the house to the state in exchange. Answering to a question by Independent...

 

Archbishop unleashes attack on Greek Government

Archbishop of Greece Ieronymos unleashed a scathing attack against the government and the political world during a speech in Livadia, central Greece, on Monday evening. The attack came in the aftermath of a radio interview.....

 

A refugee or migrant dies every 80 minutes

Since the start of 2016 a refugee or migrant has died almost every 80 minutes while trying to reach another country, international aid agency Oxfam said last week. This is despite the public...

 

ADELAIDE

Greek Community helps Italy Earthquake Victims

In a sign of great generosity, the Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia took the initiative to organise a collection to help the victims of the devastating Earthquakes in Central Italy in August and October.

By passing around an extra collection plate during church services, the Greek Orthodox Community collected $5000.

Steve Georganas, the Federal Member for Hindmarsh was asked to assist in ensuring that these funds would go directly to help finance a project in one of the badly-effected towns.... More

 

Greek Community President Bill Gonis, presents a cheque of $5000 to Marche Club President, Cathy Papandrea, in support of Italy earthquake victims

 

DECEMBER 2016

English Edition

 

ADelaide community

EVENTS

 

 

adelaide cOMMUNITY EVENTS

NOVEMBER 2016

 

 

 

GEORGE STREET FESTIVAL

ADELAIDE

 

 
 
  COPYRIGHT © 2010 Greek Community Tribune All Rights Reserved        -        Website Designed & Developed by Michael Ppiros